Monday, February 22

Resolutions

We all are familiar with the "new years" and making resolutions. I simply see resolutions as goals. Every successful person has goals.

So one of my New Year's Resolutions was to read one book a week. I like to read mostly non-fiction and self-help books. Considering I don 't work a 9 to 5 and I like to read anyway, I thought this goal would be feasible, right? Wrong! Its already February 22nd and I have completed a total of 1 whole book. Shame on me! I have got to do better.

I believe in self education and frequent the public library often. I will often check-out 4-5 books and before I can even get through one its time to return the books. I'm not as motivated to read a book when I have easy access reality tv and youtube; I've discovered so many good blogs lately as well. But I pledge this day that I will read at least two hours a day to begin with. I figured out that if I take care of all the necessities (meditating, exercising, flossing...) in the beginning of my day it makes it that much easier to achieve my daily goals.

If you are struggling to keep your resolutions here are a few suggestions I've read on essence.com :
1) think small : instead of pledging to lose 50 pounds by summer, try 10 pounds
2) write it down : "writing brings awareness and clarity to your life"
3) be specific : don't say I'm gonna read more this year, say I'm gonna read one book a month
4) tell a friend : for moral support and accountability
4) reward yourself (my personal fav, lol) : treat yourself to something that you enjoy that does not contradict your resolution

So, my book of choice for this week is The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life.


Wish me luck on my reading goal journey!

FYI: Anyone can become an expert on any topic by reading a book every month on the topic for one year and by studying the topic every day for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yours Truly

I love fashion, traveling, and learning new things, which are just a few of my interests. I simply take pleasure in being myself and establishing my own standards.

Quote Of The Moment

"Only through experience will you know where your true passion lies."

Fragrances Of The Moment

  • Moschino's Glamour
  • Victoria's Secret's Berry Kiss

Blog Archive